This MSc in Global Human Resource Management from the University of Portsmouth offers you an international approach, so you will be prepared to work in growing companies that are expanding across borders.
In this practical course, you will use case studies of real companies to gain knowledge to better understand the challenges you will be facing in your day-to-day job.
During these two years of study, you can continue to focus on your current career because of the online delivery of this programme. The knowledge acquired in your courses can be applied in real-life situations from your job. This MSc also involves optional face-to-face events that represent a great opportunity to socialise and grow your network.
This MSc has three start dates throughout the year, so you can enrol anytime is right for you.
Why study this programme?
You will have the chance to know colleagues from all around the world. This way you'll be able to exchange different point of views about HRM practices.
In this course you will:
- Study the tactical position and application of HRM purpose around the world
- Receive up to date information from industry experts
- Improve your analytical, critical and information technology skills
- Improve your communication skills to allow you better interact with employees regardless of their cultural background perceptions attitudes and values
- Find sustainability issues which affect the goal of international HR problems
- Be aware of international HR issues
This MSc involves assessments based on coursework and submitted online. You will be assessed through:
- Written assignments
- An investigative project
Teachers will also give you formal and informal feedback so you can improve your work in the future.
Career prospects and opportunities
The Global Human Resource Management MSc is a practical course that allows you to improve your skills and develop new ones by studying real-life situations. Also, you will graduate with a valuable set of soft skills which are much appreciated by employers.
Investigative and group projects will help you gain research experience and collaborative skills that are very important in any workplace.
Here are some examples of roles open to you after graduation:
- Global HR manager
- Diversity and inclusion manager
- HR business partner
- Global sourcing manager
- Learning and development manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managing Human Resources
- Contemporary Issues in International HRM
- Strategy, Leadership and the Business Context
- Managing the Employee Lifecycle
- Investigative Human Resource Management Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Human Resource Management Coaching View 21 other Masters in Coaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree or equivalent in any academic subject seeking to pursue/continue a career in HR. Applicants with appropriate work experience and professional qualifications may also be considered. Applicants may be subject to interview
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA4750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
including a £250 acceptance fee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.