You will enhance your theoretical skills and learn to use relevant principles and methods to assist people with a range of behavioural problems, taking into account social and cultural diversity, current relevant legal frameworks, mental health practice standards and codes of ethical practice.
On successful completion of the Professional Psychology program at the University of Newcastle and an additional internship year under the supervision of a registered psychologist, graduates will be eligible for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia as a General Registered Psychologist.
On successful completion of the program and an additional internship year under the supervision of a registered psychologist, graduates will be eligible for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia as a General Registered Psychologist.
Other career prospects may include:
- private, public and non-government organisations
- community health
- human resources
- rehabilitation and disability services
- specialist psychological services
- law courts
- teaching and supervision
- applied research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applications of Psychological Practice
- Professional and Ethical Practice
- Counselling and Psychological Intervention
- Psychological Practice: Adult Psychopathology
- Psychological Practice: Children and Families
- Assessment in Psychological Practice
- Psychological Practica
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 101 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 098563K
Applicants require all of the following in order to be considered for a place in the program:
- Successful completion of an AQF Level 8 four-year APAC accredited sequence (or equivalent).
- Eligibility for provisional registration with the Psychology Registration Board of Australia.
- Successful completion of an application portfolio, including at least two references.
- Successful completion of an interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International44510 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44510 AUD per year during 12 months.
National29705 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29705 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.