Why study with us?
- Relevant in the real world: connect with business through industry-based projects, guest lectures, mentorship and case studies.
- Ready for your future, ready for the world: our professional practice and leadership courses will help you develop skills in project management, complex problem solving, innovation and communications. Choose a major project that’s linked to industry or focused on research.
- Recognised by industry and globally: take your career anywhere in the world with international recognition through Engineers Australia and the Washington Accord . The Academic Ranking of World Universities ranks University of Newcastle at No.13 in the World and No.1 in Australia for Automation and Control .
- Powerful learning: our smaller student cohort means you’ll have greater access to teaching staff and be part of a close-knit student community.
Engineers work on a huge range of tasks in many different environments – industries like electronics, energy, food, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, construction, environmental health and transportation. Engineering continues to be one of the most in-demand qualifications in the world, with many countries desperate to fill a shortage of professional skills in this field.
A Master of Professional Engineering from University of Newcastle will open up even more varied career opportunities, empowering you to take on a leadership role, start your own business or manage major engineering projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Choose to study one of the following specialised Master of Professional Engineering degrees:
- Master of Professional Engineering (Civil)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Electrical and Electronic)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Mechanical)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Geospatial Engineering and Surveying)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
International: It is recommended you submit your application a minimum of 12 weeks before your intended semester or trimester start date.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Electrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 57 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Newcastle and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
CRICOS Provider 00109J
- 3-year program: A STEM based Bachelor degree, other than engineering, with at least 20 units (UON equivalent) of mathematics covering algebra and linear calculus.
- 2-year program: A named Engineering degree in an aligned discipline area to applicant’s preferred MPE. The degree must be equivalent to the Sydney Accord standards.
- 1-year program: A University of Newcastle Engineering degree, or equivalent, in the same discipline area.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International41730 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41730 AUD per year during 36 months.
National30940 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30940 AUD per year during 36 months.
Depending on the specialization ( Civil, Electrical and Electronic and Mechanical engineering):
- Domestic: $30,940 - $32,890
- International: $41,730 - $43,050
Living costs for Newcastle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.