The Biomedical Engineering - Molecular and Cellular Biotherapies programme at University of Paris is based on an educational policy that fosters both an interdisciplinary, international perspective as well as the students’ initiative. It combines the top-level and complementary expertise of three partners: engineering science represented by three engineering schools within PSL (Chimie ParisTech, ESPCI Paris and Mines ParisTech) and Arts et Métiers on one hand, and biomedical and health science at Université de Paris, on the other hand. Teaching faculty comes mostly from the partner institutions. Guest lecturers include hospital clinicians (APHP), and researchers from other schools and universities as well as from private companies (e.g. GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare, Renault, Sanofi, Thalès, Materialise Medical, etc.).
The 1st year is a common path for all BME students (with individualized choices of courses according to their background).
In 2nd year, students can choose between 5 paths, one of them being Molecular and cellular biotherapies (MCB). The MCB track concerns two major categories of biotherapeutics applications: cell and gene therapy, and biopharmaceuticals. Cell and gene therapy differs from drug therapy in that it concerns the use of ‘custom or « à la carte » therapeutic agents created for an individual patients, a domain in which few manufacturers operate. Biopharmaceuticals are complex macromolecules created by biotechnology, and involve genetic manipulation of living organisms, which differ from conventional chemically synthesized small molecules.
Skills and competencies developed
- Respect scientific ethics
- Design and develop scientific projects
- Implement a project, define the objectives and context, carry out and evaluate the action
- Conduct and develop scientific and technical projects
- Analyse, diagnose and interpret the results of scientific experiments
- Know how to assess professional risks, implement specific evaluation methods
- Master specific methods and tools
- Use information and communication technologies
- Conduct information research, identify access modes, analyse relevance, explain and transmit
- Scientific communication in English
- Teamwork: integrating, positioning and collaborating
- Integrate into a professional environment: identify your skills and communicate them
- Gene Transfer Strategies
- Stem cells and disease modelling
- Gene and cell therapy: Clinical applications
- Basic Immunology in Biotherapies
- Transversal skills development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Molecular Sciences View 17 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Paris and/or in France, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Having obtained or being in the process of validating a Licence 3 or a Bachelor’s degree (science related) or being a physiotherapist or a 4th year student in a physiotherapist school
- NB. Even if the Bachelor’s degree is a 4 or 5 year program as it is the case in some countries, students must apply for the 1st year of this program. Students may enter directly the 2nd year of the program under certain condition listed on the program website.
- Certified C1 level in English
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.