The use of large volumes of data to forecast and predict human behaviour, business, and socio-economic outcomes has accelerated rapidly in recent years. This program builds foundational skills in data science with a specialization on the use of predictive models to forecast outcomes. Students will learn to apply data science and predictive modelling to provide insights, predictions, and operationalize the use of data for competitive and social benefits within an organization.
Outcomes of the Predictive Analytics program at University of Winnipeg :
- Design and implement data acquisition, management, and cleansing solutions to support data science applications;
- Use effective visualizations to communicate patterns, trends, and other findings stemming from the analysis of data;
- Use statistical techniques in the development of data science applications;
- Describe legal, ethical, and societal considerations arising from the application of data science and predictive analytics;
- Identify suitable applications and recommend the use of predictive analytical models in a business context;
- Design the overall solution architecture required to support predictive modeling applications; and
Design, test, and implement predictive analytical models.
- Data Scientist
- Data Engineer
- Quantitative Analyst
- Qualitative Research Analyst
- Data Analyst
- IT Systems Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Analyst/Specialist
- Data Warehouse Analyst/Developer
Upon completion of this program, students will earn the Predictive Analytics Diploma
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Applied Statistics for Data Science
Big Data Platforms
Data Acquisition & Management
Database & Programming Essentials
Data Visualization for Analytics
Effective Oral Communication
Effective Written Communication
Foundations of Data Science
Predictive Analytics Theory & Practice
Project in Predictive Analytics
Project Management Fundamentals
Resume Building & Job Search Techniques
Topics in Data Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Business Information Systems Data Science & Big Data View 30 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Students applying to The University of Winnipeg PACE during the COVID-19 pandemic, may use the Duolingo English Test with a minimum score of 120 with a minimum Production score of 100.
- International students are required to hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or Physics
- Advanced programming knowledge is strongly recommended.
- The Cumulative GPA, or Final Percentage, on these transcripts will be assessed for eligibility.
Predictive Analytics Diploma applicants must have a minimum of two years of professional work experience in applied computer science, applied statistics, engineering, or a business role involving the use/analysis of data.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21875 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21875 CAD per year during 12 months.
National15100 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Winnipeg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Students attending programs at PACE are eligible for many funding possibilities such as bursaries, scholarships, government student aid, lines of credit, and sponsorship.
Financial Aid is administered by the Awards & Financial Aid Office, which supports the access and excellence mandate of The University of Winnipeg through a comprehensive program of scholarships, awards, prizes and bursaries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.