While the risks involved in mining operations can be mitigated by correct processes, the need for dedicated, well-trained specialists in mining safety is growing. As it is, there are roughly 14,400 mines inspected by the Mine Safety and Health Administration each year for compliance with occupational and health regulations. Each of these sites requires the expertise of safety-minded professionals to ensure that every measure of risk avoidance is properly taken.
You’ll complete advanced coursework in ventilation, geomechanics, chemical exposure, and other fundamental areas, learning to design processes and procedures that minimize the inherent risks of excavation. Each course has been designed with the input of experts in the industry and is taught by leading UA faculty members.
This cutting-edge, specialized training can be completed entirely online, making the program a great choice for working professionals like you looking to develop their skills.
The Mining Occupational Safety and Health (Certificate NDP) program from The University of Arizona requires the completion of 15 units of credit, presenting an accelerated path to new opportunities and specialized skills that can help you maintain safety. Course requirements for the program are flexible and individualized, allowing you to choose 3 electives that fit your professional environment and aspirations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mine Ventilation
- Mine Health and Safety
- Toxicology and Chemical Exposures
- Safety Fundamentals
- Disease and Illness in Mining
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Mining, Oil & Gas Occupational Health and Safety View 122 other Masters in Occupational Health and Safety in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Arizona and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Twelve or more graded units obtained as a graduate student
- Applicant's undergraduate record comprised of their most recent 60 graded units
- Or a combination of the last 60 units of undergraduate and graduate coursework (2 year, full-time equivalent for non-US or non-semester type credit hours) when fewer than twelve units of graduate coursework have been completed
- On very rare and exceptional circumstances will a student be accepted through the graduate college with a GPA below a 2.75
- Prospective students holding a comparable bachelor's degree but not meeting the minimum 2.75 GPA requirement may still be eligible for admission as a Graduate Non-Degree seeking student.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 6 months.
National34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 6 months.
In-State14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.