The Plan of Study may include, but is not limited to, one of the following emphases:
- French Literature and Culture
- Teaching French as a Foreign Language
- Francophone Studies. Students normally proceed through the M.A. program in four semesters.
Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GATships) are typically available although they are contingent on budget, academic records (for incoming students), and reports of satisfactory progress (for continuing students). We also offer a one-year exchange assistantship with the University of Paris VII (Denis Diderot) and a one-semester exchange with the University of Paris IV (Sorbonne).
The French - Accelerated Master's Program from The University of Arizona offers courses on French and Francophone literatures and cultures in all major areas of the French tradition as well as literature in French from the Maghreb, Lebanon, West and Central Africa and the Caribbean.
The department's courses on French and Francophone literatures and culture deal with current debates on topics that include identity, canon formation, the discipline and its history, and Francophonie, while presenting the classics in their historical and cultural contexts. The faculty employs a range of methods drawing on feminism, sociology, anthropology, cultural studies, history and postcolonial theory among others. Likewise, students are encouraged to pursue interdisciplinary approaches and often enroll in courses in related fields such as Women's studies, English and Anthropology to name just a few of the options. Faculty in the department also offer graduate courses on second language acquisition, pedagogy and linguistics and contribute to the M.A. program in French and to the interdisciplinary doctoral program in Second-Language Acquisition and Teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Topics in French Literature
- French Narratives and Film
- Contemporary Francophone Literature and Cinema
- Topics in French Culture
- Francophone Cultures and Traditions
- Topics in Francophone Studies
- French Cultural & Literary History: Contemporary France (20th-21st)
- Literature in Context: Focus on a Historical period
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 999 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- GPA 3.0 overall
- English proficiency exam for international students. See list of acceptable exams and scores here.
- Three letters of recommendation/reference.
- A statement of purpose.
- Graduate College Admission Application and Department questions
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended. International Transcripts in languages other than English must be accompanied with certified translations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 12 months.
National34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.