The American Indian Studies Program (AIS), with assistance from Public Administration, College of Public Health, and advisors from Arizona's Native Communities; is offering an academic Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Native Nation Building. To obtain the certificate, students must complete a 12-unit program of study including core and elective courses.
Students of the Native Nation Building (Certificate NDP) program from University of Arizona will be able to complete the certificate in conjunction with a graduate or professional degree or as a stand-alone certificate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Native Nation-Building: Issues of Leadership, Institution-Building
- Native Nation-Building: Theory into Practice
- Principles of Indigenous Economics
- Natural Resource Management in Native Communities
- Collaborative Governance in Theory, Practice and Research
- Sustainability and Cultures
- Mexican Traditional Medicine
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies Management Studies View 153 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution is required for admission to the Certificate Program in Native Nation Building. The application procedure is a two-fold process with consideration by the department and by the UA Graduate College.
- All non-AIS students must meet requirements of the graduate college and pay the graduate college application fee. Current AIS students, contact the Graduate Program Coordinator for direction.
- On line application and fee (if you are not already a graduate student in the University of Arizona AIS program)
- Personal statement (3-5 pages) about your interest in the certificate program
- Two Letters of Recommendation from faculty or supervisors who can attest to your achievements and academic potential (requested)
- Electronic copies of Official Transcripts from all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 6 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 6 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.