This Planning - Accelerated Master's Program at University of Arizona allows eligible students enrolled in the B.Arch and Sustainable Built Environments degree programs to begin working toward a second professional degree--a Master of Science in Planning--as early as the third or fourth year. The M.PLN can usually be completed within three semesters of attaining the B.Arch or SBE degree.
Subsequent to being admitted to the Accelerated Master's Program, architecture students in their fourth and/or fifth years begin to take graduate courses in their preferred planning curriculum. Twelve of the graduate units earned may be used to count toward both degrees, i.e., these units will meet the B.Arch or SBE upper division open elective requirement.
The Master of Science (MS) in Planning Program is located within the College of Architecture, Planning and Landscape Architecture (CAPLA), a national leader in sustainable design, planning, and management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
As a professional college, CAPLA’s core mission and strength is training
- landscape architects,
- urban planners,
- and real estate development professionals to work effectively within a challenging array of social, economic, and environmental conditions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 114 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Prerequisites for admission to the Accelerated Master's Program: UA requirements.
- Completion of 75 undergraduate units at the time of application to the AMP.
- Completion of 90 undergraduate units at the time of admission to the AMP.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 in a minimum of 12 undergraduate units earned at the UA.
- Completion or near completion of General Education Requirements.
- Submission of a graduate application and payment of the graduate application fee.
- Demonstration of the maturity necessary for success in an accelerated, highly competitive program.
- Expectation of completing the undergraduate degree within four years. The undergraduate degree requirements must be completed before the student is eligible to have the master's degree awarded.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10063 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5969 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.