- The Urban Analytics programme from University of Glasgow will provide you with a critical appreciation of the potential for big data and urban analytics to inform urban planning and policy making, as well as an understanding of practical and ethical limitations.
- It offers hands-on experience of a range of statistical and GIS software, and of the use of programming tools to capture, process and analyse data.
- You will be exposed to a range of cutting-edge datasets typically encountered by urban analysts and the various challenges they present.
- You will benefit from the programme’s strong connection with the Urban Big Data Centre (UBDC), Glasgow’s world-leading urban analytics centre of expertise.
- The programme will develop your ability to convey the results of complex data analyses in ways which have impact on policy makers and public debates.
- A wide range of optional courses will provide you with the opportunity to pursue personal interests, enhancing particular skills or domain-specific knowledge such as transport studies or urban design.
The practical knowledge and hands-on skills taught as a part of the programme are applicable worldwide. You will have the chance to learn about emerging forms of urban big data and analytical skills, which will equip you with unique advantages in the global job market. Career opportunities include positions in government agencies, urban planning organisations, city governments, public health boards, retail business, real estate companies, transport and other private consulting firms, as well as non-profit organisations.
- Big Data and Urban Analytics
- Principles and Applications of Gis
- Programming Tools for Urban Analytics
- Quantitative Data Analysis
- Sustainable Urban Futures
- Evidence, Evaluation and Policy
- Transport Studies
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesStatistics Business Intelligence & Analytics Urban Planning View 125 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
- 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent qualification in geography, urban planning, environmental science, public health, economic, or related social science subject, along with an interest in acquiring skills in data science, statistics, GIS, and spatial analytics.
- Candidates from other disciplines such as statistics, information science, data science and engineering may also be considered. If you are unsure whether your degree is suitable, you can email the programme convener to discuss.
International21650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21650 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
UK Part-time fee: £1056 per 20 credits
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.