Passion is the spark that ignites the fire of creativity, and it is the foundation of a pursuit to study the visual arts. If you are considering a major in Art and Visual Culture Education, Art History or Studio Art, you know that passion first hand. Why not join a community of like-minded individuals who share that commitment to creativity?
Ranked among the top art schools in the nation and accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), the School of Art offers its students a dynamic arrangement of in-depth programs of study. You will find the faculty supportive, the curriculum provocative, and the community among your classmates both challenging and inspiring.
Studying at a research-focused university, with over 200 degrees such as The University of Arizona gives you the unique opportunity to be surrounded by, and to engage with, faculty and peers of cross-disciplinary expertise, providing a depth and breadth of experience that is limited only by how far you want to go.
Three options are available to students seeking the Art Education - Community and Museums program The University of Arizona :
- Art and Visual Culture Studies | Offers the most flexibility to build expertise in an area of interest. You will take core art and visual culture education courses and use electives to build expertise.
- Community and Museums | Provides learning and internship opportunities for students interested in professional roles as art and visual culture educators in community or museum venues.
- Teaching Option | Provides coursework leading to certification to teach art at k-12 levels in the state of Arizona. The certification is transferable, with minor adaptations, in many other states in the US.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Community, Culture and Art Education
- Theory and Practice in Art Museum Education
- Curriculum Theory in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Theoretical and Historical Foundations of Art and Visual Culture Education
- Issues and Recent Research in Art and Visual Culture Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies View 4299 other Masters in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Please provide a 1-2 page Autobiographical Statement addressing your educational and personal experiences, achievements, and goals relevant to art and visual culture education.
- Please combine the following items into a single document (maximum file size: 5 MB) in the order shown below
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Writing or Research Sample. Maximum of 10 pages.
- If you have a studio background, submit a PDF with 10-20 images, one image per page and provide the title, medium, dimensions and date under each image. Please click here and review our sample portfolio. If you are submitting video, provide a link to a website like vimeo or youtube. Size limit 5MB.
- Transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended. For initial evaluation purposes, you may attach scans of official or unofficial transcripts.
- The names and contact information for 3 referees who will be submitting Letters of Recommendation on your behalf.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.