The mission and strength of the Art Education - Art and Visual Culture Studies program University of Arizona and its faculty is to promote an understanding of social justice, multiculturalism and globalization issues in AVCE theory and practice.
Resources and Facilities
Students at the UA School of Art have exceptional resources available to them, besides mentorship by an international faculty with strong reputations in research and practice.
The University houses several museums, including The University of Arizona Museum of Art, the Center for Creative Photography (one of the world’s leading photography archives and exhibition centers), the Arizona State Museum, and the Joseph Gross, Lionel Rombach, and Student Union art galleries.
The University Library has an extensive collection of books, periodicals, and media and is ranked seventeenth among research libraries in the United States. In addition, the School and Division facilitate internships, work-study, and other learning opportunities with various organizations across the city, including the Center for Creative Photography, the University of Arizona Museum of Art, the School of Art galleries, Tucson Museum of Art, and many community organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Theoretical and Historical Foundations of Art and Visual Culture Education
- Issues and Recent Research in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Curriculum Theory in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Pedagogical Practices in Art and Visual Culture Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Area & Cultural Studies Visual Arts View 11 other Masters in Visual Arts in Mexico
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- 1-2 page Autobiographical Statement addressing your educational and personal experiences, achievements, and goals relevant to art and visual culture education.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Writing or Research Sample. Maximum of 10 pages.
- If you have a studio background, submit a PDF with 10-20 images, one image per page and provide the title, medium, dimensions and date under each image.
- Transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended. For initial evaluation purposes, you may attach scans of official or unofficial transcripts.
- The names and contact information for 3 referees who will be submitting Letters of Recommendation on your behalf.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Mexico City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.