The mission and strength of the Art Education - Art and Visual Culture Studies program at The University of Arizona and its faculty is to promote an understanding of social justice, multiculturalism and globalization issues in AVCE theory and practice.
Resources and Facilities
Students at the UA School of Art have exceptional resources available to them, besides mentorship by an international faculty with strong reputations in research and practice.
The University houses several museums, including The University of Arizona Museum of Art, the Center for Creative Photography (one of the world’s leading photography archives and exhibition centers), the Arizona State Museum, and the Joseph Gross, Lionel Rombach, and Student Union art galleries.
The University Library has an extensive collection of books, periodicals, and media and is ranked seventeenth among research libraries in the United States. In addition, the School and Division facilitate internships, work-study, and other learning opportunities with various organizations across the city, including the Center for Creative Photography, the University of Arizona Museum of Art, the School of Art galleries, Tucson Museum of Art, and many community organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Theoretical and Historical Foundations of Art and Visual Culture Education
- Issues and Recent Research in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Curriculum Theory in Art and Visual Culture Education
- Pedagogical Practices in Art and Visual Culture Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts Art Education View 793 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Arizona and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 1-2 page Autobiographical Statement addressing your educational and personal experiences, achievements, and goals relevant to art and visual culture education.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Writing or Research Sample. Maximum of 10 pages.
- If you have a studio background, submit a PDF with 10-20 images, one image per page and provide the title, medium, dimensions and date under each image.
- Transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended. For initial evaluation purposes, you may attach scans of official or unofficial transcripts.
- The names and contact information for 3 referees who will be submitting Letters of Recommendation on your behalf.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 12 months.
National34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.