To obtain the certificate, students must complete a 12-unit program of study including core and elective courses. The American Indian Higher Education (Certificate NDP) from University of Arizona is designed to provide graduate level professional development to individuals who are either currently working with or plan to work with American Indian students in higher education, especially in Indian institutions of higher education. Students will be able to complete the certificate in conjunction with a graduate or professional degree or as a stand-alone certificate.
Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs
The Graduate College sponsors several Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs (GIDPs) in addition to the many interdisciplinary possibilities available through regular graduate degree programs.
GIDPs transcend departmental boundaries by facilitating cutting edge teaching and research at the nexus of traditional disciplines. The high value placed on interdisciplinary research and education is indicative of The University of Arizona 's enthusiasm and commitment to fostering innovation and creativity among its faculty and students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Higher Education in the United States
- American Indian Higher Education
- Tribal Colleges
- Organization and Administration in Higher Education
- Student Personnel Services in Higher Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Ethnic Studies View 128 other Masters in Ethnic Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution is required for admission to the Certificate Program in American Indian Higher Education. Students with earned majors in departments other than H ED or AIS may apply. The application procedure is a two-fold process with consideration by the department and by the UA Graduate College.
- All non-AIS students must meet requirements of the graduate college and pay the graduate college application fee. Current AIS students, contact the Graduate Program Coordinator for direction.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 6 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 6 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.