How people use and manage water is the core concern of water policy. Although the scientific and technical aspects of water issues are essential, the social and political aspects are now our larger challenge.
The University of Arizona 's Graduate Certificate in Water Policy offers breadth and depth of education. The Certificate is intended for two different and complementary groups of people who want to build their expertise in water policy: working professionals and UA graduate students. There is flexibility in both course selection and schedule, to meet the specific needs and interests of a variety of students.
The Water Policy (Certificate NDP) from University of Arizona is interdisciplinary. Although there are some administrative details that differ between working professionals and UA graduate students, all people admitted to the program must fulfill the same substantive requirements.
Much of the course-work emphasizes local and regional water policy issues in Arizona and the Southwestern U.S. However, students can also focus on broader national and international issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economic Evaluation of Water and Env. Policy
- Water Law
- Environmental Policy
- Natural Resources Policy and Law
- Water Policy in Arizona and Semi-Arid Regions
- Soil and Water Resources Engineering
- Natural Resource Law and Economics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Environmental Economics & Policy Public Policy View 186 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For admission to the certificate program, all applicants, whether working professionals or UA graduate students, must have a bachelor's degree, with a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 (B), or the equivalent.
- To earn the Water Policy Certificate, students must complete a 12-unit program of study that includes core courses and thematic courses. Core courses focus on fundamental aspects of water law, policy, and economics. Thematic courses include a wide variety of specific topics and disciplines, so that individual students can customize a program to meet their particular interests.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 6 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 6 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.