This five-course Teaching English as a Second - Foreign Language program from The University of Arizona provides graduate-level credit and training in how and what to teach, including skill areas such as grammar, culture and teaching with technology.
Teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) is a rich experience that can open doors around the world, and individuals with experience living and working a year or two abroad have a competitive edge in any field. The five-course graduate certificate is completed online over five 7-week sessions, one course at a time.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Designed by leaders in the field, the course topics include TEFL methods, curriculum/materials development and assessment, linguistics and pedagogical grammar, culture for TEFL, and technology-enhanced English language teaching.
- These courses provide a foundation that, combined with a bachelor’s degree, can help secure entry-level TEFL positions around the world. The courses also provide graduate-level credit, meaning they complement a related master’s degree or can be applied later to a full Master of Arts in TEFL.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Teaching English View 1865 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Arizona and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Select the Main Campus
- Identify if you’ve been working with a sponsor or agency
- Upload legible PDF versions of unofficial transcript(s)
- Submit proof English proficiency (if required)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 6 months.
National34000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34000 USD per year during 6 months.
In-State14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.