And just as branding encompasses everything a product cannot convey on its own, the concept of “fashion” covers more than just clothing. A brand’s history, values and creativity create a powerful identity that can appeal to emotions and create a sense of belonging.
The Master in Fashion Creative Direction at the Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) draws on the intangible side of a product that is crucial for it to succeed: the emotional value of fashion brands. This involves exploring all the creative tools available to produce innovative solutions that define a fashion brand, make it desirable and engage its target audience through different channels (concept, communication campaigns, fashion shows, the digital environment, events...).
- Freelance or in-house editors and artistic directors in the media.
- Advertising and PR agencies specialising in consumer fashion, luxury, technology and lifestyle brands.
- Start-ups focused on the field of fashion.
- Digital communication departments in fashion companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To conceptualise a brand and the values defining it.
- To develop a brand universe in all its communicative aspects (visual identity, verbal identity, look & feel and content).
- To identify and learn about trends in today’s social context. Aesthetic, artistic and cultural movements as well as technological innovations that can help students to design from the present and acquire competitive advantages in the short-, medium- and long-term future.
- To create an offline and online brand community by understanding the influence and use of social media as a driving force behind the feeling of belonging to a group.
- To acquire creative tools in order to confront a brief from beginning to final production.
- To learn to work with and lead multidisciplinary teams.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Fashion Design View 6 other Masters in Fashion Design in Spain
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ID (Spanish students) or Passport (international students) scanned
- University Diploma (Bachelor, Undergraduate Degree or equivalent) scanned
- Motivation Letter in the Postgraduate’s language
- CV in the Postgraduate’s language specifying languages level and computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish or English as appropriate. For courses taught in English requires an intermediate level, corresponding to a paper TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6,5. For courses in Spanish requires a level B2. In case you don’t have any qualification, it will be necessary to assess your level through an in-person or Skype interview
- Portfolio for creative Postgraduates
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEA14600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.