This is a pioneering masters in Europe thanks to its specialized content. The Design for Virtual Reality programme at the Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) is divided into three parts: the Design Studio covering the theory module, Design Tech to learn how to work with specific virtual reality hardware and software, and the Design Lab, an immersive laboratory to create and develop projects and experiences in various fields.
- VR storytellers: designers and creators of new future narratives.
- Virtual reality designers and content developers at Unity Engine.
- Directors and content developers for VR platforms.
- UX designers using virtual reality.
- Project managers dealing with XR/VR content and products.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The goal of the Master is to provide students with specific knowledge and resources to work in the field of virtual reality.
- The course programme aims to:
- Prepare students to lead the process of designing and developing virtual reality environments using cutting-edge technology .
- Teach new design methods and virtual reality tools involving specific VR software and hardware.
- Hold technical sessions about project development and practical applications, as well as theory sessions where a key topic is chosen to tie in the knowledge acquired.
- Encourage students to carry out real projects for specific aims based on a customer briefing (with a company or partner institution).
- Introduce them to the professional world by attending international events and conferences such as Mobile World Congress and Sónar +D.
- Encourage students to experience storytelling and immersion in varied, interesting and enjoyable ways.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 4 other Masters in Visual Arts in Spain
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- ID (Spanish students) or Passport (international students) scanned
- University Diploma (Bachelor, Undergraduate Degree or equivalent) scanned
- Motivation Letter in the Postgraduate’s language
- CV in the Postgraduate’s language specifying languages level and computer skills
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish or English as appropriate. For courses taught in English requires an intermediate level, corresponding to a paper TOEFL 550 or IELTS 6,5. For courses in Spanish requires a level B2. In case you don’t have any qualification, it will be necessary to assess your level through an in-person or Skype interview
- Portfolio for creative Postgraduates
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEA14600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.