The Textiles at Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) offers cultural, technological, strategic and design knowledge in the textile sector and provides collaborations with experts and the companies of the world-renowned textile district of Como.
At the end of the course, the students can supervise and coordinate the design and production phases of textile products, do research, interpret market trends, develop innovative projects that respect the tradition and the values of sustainability and traceability, create communication and marketing strategies.
They can enter the work market as: textile product manager, raw materials/textile buyer and account manager, textile sourcing manager, fabric operations manager or fabric researcher.
At the end of the Master’s course, students can join the world of work as a textile product manager, raw materials/textile buyer and account manager, textile sourcing manager, fabric operations manager or fabric researcher at specialist companies; specifically, the skills acquired will allow them to present themselves as qualified professional figures in the field of textile product design and supervision, coordination of design and production phases, applied research, and interpreting and analysing trends and sustainability.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Methodology and structure
- The course works as a creative laboratory that guides participants to the progressive acquisition of a clear project development methodology applied to the Made in Italy know-how.
- Traditional lectures, workshops and laboratory sessions are structured in parallel in order to allow participants to be aligned to same cultural and creative design tools. Students deal with the different phases of the design process, consisting of experimental and interactive workflows.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 43 other Masters in Design in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be proficient in the language of the chosen course (Italian/English) and comply with the language requirement listed in the relevant section below;
- Hold a Bachelor Degree or other qualification – also issued abroad or by a private higher education institution – deemed suitable*. IED will also assess applications submitted by candidates proving at least
- 2-year relevant work experience in a related professional field.
- Hold the specific program requirements listed in the relevant Master brochure and webpage of the selected programme;
- Comply with the admission and enrolment procedures;
- In case of graduating students, such applicants may be conditionally admitted provided that they obtain the undergraduate degree before the discussion of the Master thesis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12200 EUR per year during 11 months.
EU/EEA12200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12200 EUR per year during 11 months.
Living costs for Como
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.