In this new world, it’s critical to determine if alternative (biobased) resources have the potential to become economically viable sustainable sources for the production of high value food and materials, feed and energy.
This requires the development of feasible biobased business strategies and the skills to apply these strategies to operations and logistics. Companies that want to succeed in this industry must be prepared for the challenges and opportunities ahead.
This Business and Operations for a Circular Bio-Economy MicroMaster Program offered by edX in collaboration with Wageningen University and Research - WageningenX consists of three courses and a capstone. The courses will teach you about the basics of biobased materials/natural resources and their conversion to useful products and services.
This will help you to understand and evaluate strategic, technological, and operational aspects of running a biobased business and therefore understand the dynamics in biobased business investments and the factors that influence them. You will learn to design and evaluate biobased supply (and value) chains using quantitative methods.
What you will learn
- Understand and evaluate strategic, technological, and operational aspects of running a biobased business
- Understand the basics of biobased materials and their conversion to useful products and services
- Identify factors that affect biobased investments and innovations
- Create business strategies in a biobased economy
- Design and evaluate biobased supply chains using quantitative methods
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Circular Economy: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- From Fossil Resources to Biomass: A Chemistry Perspective
- Business Strategy and Operations in a Biobased Economy
- Capstone Business and Operations for a Circular Bio-Economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 16 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Environmental Economics & Policy View 36 other programmes in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International671 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
National671 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 671 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.