The Finance MicroMaster Program from edX in collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MITx offers recent graduates, early to mid-stage professionals, and other individuals interested in pursuing a career in finance, an opportunity to advance in the finance field or fast-track an MIT Sloan Master of Finance through a rigorous, comprehensive online curriculum, delivered by the world-renowned MIT Sloan School of Management.
What you will learn
- Comprehend the foundations of modern finance.
- Understand the basics of corporate finance, capital budgeting, real and financial options, capital structure, yield curve analysis, and corporate risk management.
- Apply financial decision making, the theory of efficient markets, valuation theory, financial securities, risk analysis, portfolio theory, derivatives pricing, hedging strategies based on duration and convexity, and asset pricing models.
- Identify the basic structure of financial reports and the process of recording transactions. Understand how investors, creditors, and other users analyze financial statements to assess corporate performance.
- Perform applied computational techniques in R and apply advanced mathematical topics in financial engineering and quantitative finance using linear algebra, optimization, probability, stochastic processes, and statistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Modern Finance I
- Foundations of Modern Finance II
- Financial Accounting
- Mathematical Methods for Quantitative Finance
- Derivatives Markets: Advanced Modeling and Strategies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 15 months
- 10 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Financial Mathematics View 430 other programmes in Finance in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2025 USD for the full programme during 15 months.
National1620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2025 USD for the full programme during 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.