At Psychology - Interpersonal Violence and Abuse from University of Cumbria you will gain specialised knowledge and a critical awareness of issues at the forefront of interpersonal violence and abuse studies. Teaching is done through a variety of blended learning and campus-based activities explicitly designed to meet the needs of learners working in a range of contexts
There are a wide range of careers this MSc will be useful for. You could work with the National Crime Agency, prison drug services, the probation service and offender management. Your degree will be well suited for working with victims of domestic violence, as a mentor for young people coming out of prison, and youth offending organisations. You may also wish to continue your academic career by undertaking a PhD in either criminology or psychology
- Research Skills and Methods
- Critical perspectives in safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Psychology of Violent Behaviour
- Professional Values and Ethics
- Interpersonal Violence and Abuse Studies
- Negotiated learning HLLP7006 -Dissertation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 306 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
- 1st or 2nd class honours degree.
- Students with other qualifications may be admitted to the course, please contact the Enquiry Centre for further details.
- English Proficiency
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National6125 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6125 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.