If you’re passionate about your midwifery practice and want to develop your knowledge and skills to an advanced level, our MSc is for you. Supported by an exceptional academic team of experienced midwives within a faculty with a track record for innovative midwifery training, it’ll enable you to advance your existing skills of independent thinking and quickly apply them to your practice.
With concerns about rising rates of intervention, you’ll be encouraged to explore both how to promote normality during childbirth and how to care for vulnerable women with complex needs, with the aim of reducing intervention. The supporting optional modules will help you acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for assuming leadership roles in clinical practice or research.
Successful completion of the Advanced Midwifery Practice programme at Anglia Ruskin University will give you the potential to advance your career into leadership positions within clinical settings, or in the fields of management, research and teaching. You’ll be equipped with the skills and knowledge to become an innovative, forward-thinking practitioner, with the qualities needed to affect change in healthcare planning, delivery and education.
You’ll also have the opportunity to complete the course with an additional qualification as a Newborn Infant Physical Examination (NIPE) practitioner. Many of our Masters level midwifery students go on to complete professional doctorates.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Promoting Normal Childbirth
- Facilitating Complex Birth
- Research Proposal
- Major Project
- Applied Leadership & Management
- Care of the Critically Unwell Woman
- Law & Ethics in Health & Social Care
- Newborn Infant Physical Examination (NIPE)
- 12 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- It can take up to four weeks to consider applications, so we recommend you apply at least a month before your preferred start date.
DisciplinesMidwifery View 5 other Masters in Midwifery in United Kingdom
- Applicants should hold an appropriate Midwifery qualification and have at least one year's post-qualification experience of working as a midwife and evidence of appropriate continuing professional development. Applicants will usually have an honours degree or equivalent qualification.
EU/EEA8900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK & EU, distance learning: £3,350
- UK & EU (part-time, per year): £4,450
- Distance learning: £3,518
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.