Protective Security and Resilience is becoming an important and influential consideration in the counter terrorism, security and development disciplines, particularly in relation to crowded places and critical infrastructure protection.
The postgraduate programmes in Protective Security and Resilience (PG Cert, PG Dip, MSc) at Coventry University are shaped by research-active staff and real world events. Delivered in a friendly and supportive learning environment, these innovative and highly interactive programmes allow students to understand and analyse current issues and develop their skills in response.
The course is taught by experts in the field of Protective Security and Resilience and is informed by their research. The programme is also evolving alongside contemporary challenges and our teaching is able to reflect that. Further to this, the course ultimately seeks to create a learning community, where ideas can be interchanged and debated amongst academic staff, alumni, and current students, lasting well beyond the timespan of the academic programme itself.
These are the benefits that the MSc in Protective Security and Resilience can offer you, and should thus enhance your career prospects in the following ways:
- If you are already a practitioner, you will have the opportunity to broaden your professional network, which is very likely to be useful to you in the workplace, whilst also gaining a formal accredited postgraduate qualification, which may be required for further progression in your career.
- If you are an individual with an interest in protecting crowded places, critical infrastructure and business risk mitigation, this course can help equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to enter into jobs within a broad spectrum of organisations, including: law enforcement, government, private security organisations, architectural design and development companies, international non-government organisations and also academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Cyber Security and Resilience
- Physical, Procedural. Personal and Personnel Security
- Complexity in Protective Security and Resilience
- Identifying and Mitigating Protective Security Challenges
- Protective Security and the Public and Private Sectors
- Organisational Behaviour and Security Culture
- Understanding Insider Threat
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- PGDip: 120 credits
- PGCert: 60 credits
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security Cyber Security View 151 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- All applications will be evaluated individually with admissions decisions made by CTPSR. Admission decisions are based on the entry criteria elaborated below and an evaluation of the required application documents.
- Ordinarily, the minimum entry criteria for each stage (PGCert, PGDip & MSc) of the Protective Security and Resilience programme are as follows: Applicants should hold a 2:2 or above degree (or equivalent international grade/qualification), from a recognised University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 24 months.
National14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 24 months.
- £9,500 (PG Dip)
- £4,750 (PG Cert)
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.