Protective Security and Resilience programme at Coventry University is becoming an important and influential consideration in the counter terrorism, security and development disciplines, particularly in relation to crowded places and critical infrastructure protection.
Our postgraduate programmes in Protective Security and Resilience (PG Cert, PG Dip, MSc) are shaped by research-active staff and real-world events. Delivered in a friendly and supportive learning environment, these innovative and highly interactive programmes will allow you to understand and analyse current issues and develop your skills in response.
The MSc is studied through blended learning – a mixture of face-to-face and distance study – allowing you to study flexibly around work and personal commitments. We also provide the opportunity to study through our fast-track (APEL*) route which allows you to gain accreditation for your prior experience and learning, including what you have achieved in your career so far.
The course is taught by experts in the field of Protective Security and Resilience and is informed by their research. The programme is also evolving alongside contemporary challenges and our teaching reflects that. Further to this, the course ultimately seeks to create a learning community, where ideas can be interchanged and debated amongst academic staff, alumni, and current students, lasting well beyond the timespan of the academic programme itself.
- These are the benefits that the MSc in Protective Security and Resilience can offer you, and should thus enhance your career prospects in the following ways:If you are already a practitioner, you will have the opportunity to broaden your professional network, which is very likely to be useful to you in the workplace, whilst also gaining a formal accredited postgraduate qualification, which may be required for further progression in your career.
- If you are an individual with an interest in protecting crowded places, critical infrastructure and business risk mitigation, this course can help equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to enter into jobs within a broad spectrum of organisations, including: law enforcement, government, private security organisations, architectural design and development companies, international non-government organisations and also academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Cyber Security and Resilience
- Physical, Procedural. Personal and Personnel Security
- Complexity in Protective Security and Resilience
- Identifying and Mitigating Protective Security Challenges
- Protective Security and the Public and Private Sectors
- Organisational Behaviour and Security Culture
- Understanding Insider Threat
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- PGDip: 120 credits
- PGCert: 60 credits
DisciplinesTerrorism & Security Cyber Security View 186 other Masters in Cyber Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
For non-UK applicants, the entry requirement is English language proficiency at IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. Where applicants do not hold up-to-date IELTS certification, we will look at whether an applicant has previously studied and successfully completed a Higher Education qualification in English. Where an applicant does not hold such a qualification entry will be at the discretion of the Course Director and subject to a review of documentation and an interview. Please call or email our team if you have questions about this requirement – contact details below.
- To be eligible for AP(E)L an applicant must have a minimum of five (5) years evidenced working experience in a relevant field to Protective Security and Resilience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 24 months.
National14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 24 months.
- £9,500 (PG Dip)
- £4,750 (PG Cert)
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.