This Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) with Applied Linguistics programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) gives you a thorough grounding in teaching methodology, classroom management, and an in-depth knowledge of lexis, grammar and phonology, and the way in which language is learned. It’ll also help you to develop the analytical and reflective skills you need to continue to develop as a professional.
You will be studying with other students who also already have teaching experience, allowing you to share experience, learn from each other and build a professional network.
You’ll work in small groups of British and international students, so you’ll really get to know each other and your tutors, allowing you to reach your potential.
TESOL with Applied Linguistics opens doors to those who want to teach, travel and work in different countries including the UK, Japan, Malaysia, China, Thailand and Saudi Arabia.
Graduates from this MA have gone on to a wide range of posts around the world and typically move into training, managerial and leadership roles in TEFL. You’ve also the option to continue onto a PhD or into research posts, here or at other universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language Analysis
- Methodology in TESOL
- Second Language Acquisition
- World Englishes
- Course and Materials Design
- Corpus Informed Language Teaching
- Testing and Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesTeaching Linguistics Teaching English View 116 other Masters in Teaching English in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold at least 2:2 degree in related subject
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme and if they have experience
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate appropriate teaching experience in language education preferably in teaching English as a second language for at least 1-2 years
- Recognised pre-service certificate such as Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
- IELTS: Score of at least 6.5 with no component lower than 6.0 or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.