As a leader of people or projects you and your work-related practice will take centre stage throughout the duration of your Master’s degree. Experienced staff members will guide your development and encourage you to think about the effectiveness of your practice and how to develop strategies to ensure that you and your organisation achieve your ambitions.
With a focus on strategic sport leadership, the reflective sport leader and leading research/ work based evaluation, the course aims to provide you with the confidence to analyse sport and education related practices and to equip you with further knowledge and skills for a successful career in contemporary sports environments.
Staff from the degree in Sport Leadership and Professional Development at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) have extensive experience of working in the sports industry in leadership positions; this includes working in the public and private sector for professional sports clubs, schools, other educational settings, organisations such as Sport England and National Governing Bodies of Sport.
Our team also have experience of developing and leading sports enterprises. Through this extensive network of contacts we are ideally placed to support you to enhance your professional relationships in the sports industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Sport Leadership
- The Reflective Sport Leader
- Research Methods for Sport Leaders
- Research Foundations for Sport Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 148 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Specific entry requirements for the course are a recognised British Honours degree (or its equivalent- at the level of lower second class or above).
- Students with non-standard qualifications or who have extensive work experience within appropriate sport and education settings will be considered on a case by case basis and are encouraged to apply. We may need to interview non-standard applicants.
- Students will be expected to display communication skills appropriate to an Honours graduate. In particular, students whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate competence in the language. The normal minimum standard required is IELTS 6.5 or equivalent. Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time: £765 per 20 credits (UK/EU)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.