You’ll be equipped with skills to act as a clinician, educator, manager and leader, to proactively meet changing public healthcare needs. And you’ll be better able to respond to the expectations and demands of individuals, groups and populations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic society.
Why study with us
You can register as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse on the third part of the Nursing and Midwifery register.
And, as the course is mapped to the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework, it will help with career progression.
Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - Health Visiting or School Nursing or Sexual Health Adviser course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) promotes independent, shared and autonomous learning developing you as a specialist community public health nurse.
As a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse you’ll be equipped to develop your role as a clinician, educator, manager and leader, proactively meeting changing public healthcare needs.
It’s also a good entry into a career as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You’ll develop your professional proficiency underpinned by sound, evidence based theoretical knowledge, within the practice of specialist community public health nursing.
- You’ll cover the four principles of public health practice; the search for, and stimulating awareness, of health needs, policies and health needs and health enhancing activities.
- It’s 50 percent theory and 50 percent practice and you’ll be assessed in a number of ways.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Nursing View 1009 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Access to this course is dependent on a successful application and interview process via two routes.
- If you work for NHS you can be seconded by your Trust, and you’ll need to apply via them. Contact your Trust Professional Development Manager for more information. Interviews by the Trust and the University take place over two days each year.
- You can be sponsored by an NHS Trust for which you don’t work too.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.