By taking the Oil and Gas Engineering programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) you’ll learn to solve future tasks and challenges related to the development and production of oil and gas fields. You’ll be led by our staff who have specialised in the discipline of oil and gas, fire science and energy for many years.
Studying at this level requires a high mental capacity, self-motivation and commitment to achieve this award.
Our teaching methods include lectures, seminars, workshops, laboratory work, project work, case studies and site visits. Personal study also forms an integral part of our course.
Why study with us
You’ll study in state-of-the-art facilities, including our new £35 million Engineering Innovation Centre.
We’re located within one of the most intense engineering areas in the UK, so you’ll work on real-world projects with commercial partners.
There’s an opportunity to undertake a professional placement as part of this course.
There’s a range of employment opportunities within the traditional and future Oil and Gas Engineering industry. You could also progress your study to PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Safety, Fire & Environmental Management
- Advanced Engineering Design Project
- Research Methods
- Geology and Formation Evaluation
- Reservoir Enginering and Well Test Analysis
- Drilling Engineering and Production Technology
- Fire Science Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 142 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have a 2:1 or equivalent in an appropriate discipline such as Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Fire Engineering
- Higher National Diploma in an appropriate discipline combined with appropriate professional experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Sandwich year: £1000 for the sandwich year
- Part time: £785 per 20 credits (UK/EU)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.