By taking the Oil and Gas Engineering programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) you’ll learn to solve future tasks and challenges related to the development and production of oil and gas fields. You’ll be led by our staff who have specialised in the discipline of oil and gas, fire science and energy for many years.
Studying at this level requires a high mental capacity, self-motivation and commitment to achieve this award.
Our teaching methods include lectures, seminars, workshops, laboratory work, project work, case studies and site visits. Personal study also forms an integral part of our course.
There’s a range of employment opportunities within the traditional and future Oil and Gas Engineering industry. You could also progress your study to PhD level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Safety, Fire & Environmental Management
- Advanced Engineering Design Project
- Research Methods
- Geology and Formation Evaluation
- Reservoir Enginering and Well Test Analysis
- Drilling Engineering and Production Technology
- Fire Science Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 63 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have a 2:2 or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. A wide range of degree subjects is acceptable, including petroleum engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, chemical process engineering, oil and gas engineering, Geology, fire engineering and civil engineering.
- Higher National Diploma in an appropriate discipline combined with appropriate professional experience
- IELTS: 6.5 with no component lower than 6.0
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Sandwich year: £2000 for the sandwich year (UK)
- Part time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.