You’ll explore how mental health services are organised and delivered while gaining vital work experience. Half your time will be spent working within a professional practice, where you’ll develop a strong portfolio of clinical and interpersonal skills, preparing you for the next stage of your career as someone who’s able to provide safe and effective interventions to people requiring mental health care.
Why study with us
We’re award-winning. We won in the Student Experience category at the Student Nursing Times Awards 2018.
Our programme incorporates the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s new standards of proficiencies, 2019.
You’ll have access to outstanding facilities, including high specification clinical skills laboratories fitted with state-of-the-art equipment, including anatomage medical dissection tables.
Our well-established nursing programmes produce highly employable graduates. An impressive 100% of our mental health nursing undergraduates have gone onto employment or further study within six months (HESA 2018).
The Nursing with Registered Nurse (Mental Health) course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) prepares you for a future career as a registered mental health nurse who’s equipped with the skills, knowledge and compassion required to deliver outstanding care to individuals experiencing acute and complex mental health issues.
You’ll also have the confidence to implement best practice and bring about positive changes in the delivery of mental health care within your workplace.
As a registered nurse you’ll have the option of widening your career path. Some of these options include a wide variety of clinical specialisms, advanced practitioner / therapist, non-medical prescriber, practice / service development, senior management, educator: preceptor / supervisor / lecturer, researcher and consultancy roles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mental Health Nursing Practice - In this module you will have the opportunity to develop your nursing skills within simulation and the Mental Health nursing practice setting. You'll be able to reflect on what you've learnt so that you can improve in the future.
- Essentials of Mental Health - This module aims to build on your knowledge and skills that are essential for caring for people with complex mental health issues. You will understand the importance of person-centred care delivery regarding complex mental health issues and co-morbidities. You will also explore the value of inter-professional working.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Clinical Psychology View 996 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Pre-registration nursing programmes are typically three years in length so to join this 2-year accelerated MSc you will be required to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). This will be in the form of completion of an RPL portfolio and provision of evidence which will also confirm you have met 700 hours of appropriate health related occupational or voluntary experience. Further details about RPL including guidance on the portfolio will be sent to you upon a successful completion of an interview.
- Degree: 2:2 or above in a Health related degree
- GCSE: Maths & English Grade C/4 or equivalent
- Approximately 800 hours relevant clinical experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.