You’ll gain the skills required to practice mental health nursing effectively and professionally in a variety of health and social care settings, with an emphasis on compassion, communication and dignity in care.
Along the way you’ll develop an appreciation of the importance of comprehensive person-centred assessment, care planning, care delivery, and inter-professional working.
You’ll explore how mental health services are organised and delivered while gaining vital work experience. Half your time will be spent working within a professional practice, where you’ll develop a strong portfolio of clinical and interpersonal skills, preparing you for the next stage of your career as someone who’s able to provide safe and effective interventions to people requiring mental health care.
Our well-established nursing programmes produce highly employable graduates. An impressive 100% of our mental health nursing undergraduates have gone onto employment or further study within six months (HESA 2018).
The Nursing with Registered Nurse (Mental Health) course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) prepares you for a future career as a registered mental health nurse who’s equipped with the skills, knowledge and compassion required to deliver outstanding care to individuals experiencing acute and complex mental health issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mental Health Nursing Practice
- Essentials of Mental Health
- Transition to Professional Mental Health Nursing Practice
- Critical Enquiry in Contemporary Nursing Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Clinical Psychology View 250 other Masters in Nursing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Degree: 2:2 or above in any discipline
- GCSE: Maths & English Grade C/4 or equivalent
- IELTS: 6.5 with no component below 6.5 or equivalent
- Approximately 800 hours relevant clinical experience
- This course will involve you working with vulnerable groups of individuals, including children. In order to ensure that the University offers places on their programmes to suitable candidates you will be required to obtain a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance (formerly termed CRB).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17600 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.