This is a unique and flexible approach to learning, as the student can chose from catalogue of modules focusing on practice nursing skills such as long term conditions, acute management of patients, treatment room skills, leadership skills and non-medical prescribing.
Why study with us
This Nursing in General Practice course at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) utilises the RCGP & RCN (2015) ‘General Practice Nursing Competencies’ framework which allow the student to address the wide range of skills, knowledge and behaviours required of a fully proficient general practice nurse.
Choose from catalogue of modules focusing on practice nursing skills such as long-term conditions, acute management of patients, treatment room skills, leadership skills and non-medical prescribing.
You’ll also receive an introduction to postgraduate research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Practice
- Postgraduate Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 944 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold at least a 2:2 degree in health related area or equivalent
- Transfer of credits in accordance with University regulations may be possible
- Applicants must be working in or able to access a general practice environment that will enable them to meet and achieve the course learning outcomes and have support from the manager
- Have the ability to be self-funding or have the commitment of their employer to support course fees
- 2 references required
- IELTS: Score of at least 7.0 or equivalent within the last 2 years
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme and will be invited to an informal discussion where applicants should show evidence of supporting qualifications
- In order to ensure that the University offers places on their programmes to suitable candidates you will be required to obtain a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance .
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National867 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 867 GBP per module during 36 months.
Per 20 credits
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.