The growing size and dominance of festivals and events around the world means that companies and organisations are continually seeking individuals with the knowledge and capabilities of managing various aspects of this fast growing and dynamic industry.
Emphasis throughout our International Festivals and Event Management course is therefore placed on developing a range of professional, managerial and transferable skills that are aligned with an extensive knowledge of management disciplines applicable to tourism and events today.
Why study with us
The Association of Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE)
Links with a range of varied employers across the service sector, both within the UK and overseas.
International Festivals and Event Management course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
Our students often have entrepreneurial passion and either plan to open their own events start-up, or have already worked in the area of organising a variety of events: business, music, entertainment or educational.
Graduates mentioned that the career pathway in festivals and events can be quite unexpected and therefore it is important to learn to recognise opportunities and act on them.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methodology: Theory and Practice
- Managing Quality Service
- Management Development in Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Principles and Practice of Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Festivals, Arts, Cultural & Heritage Events
- Event Planning and Management
- Management Consultancy Project
- Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Event Management Tourism & Leisure View 1749 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold at least 2:2 degree or equivalent in a tourism related subject
- Applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme and if they can demonstrate a commitment or have experience in the sector
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time: £785 per 20 credits (UK/EU)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.