During this course you’ll develop a critical awareness of contemporary issues in construction project management, informed by leading edge construction technology, research and practice. You’ll gain an understanding of how to apply emerging principles and project management skills to standard and unpredictable workplace scenarios.
As you progress you’ll gain a detailed understanding of effective methods and control actions which can be applied within construction project management and the engineering process. The themes of sustainability, enterprise, employability and internationalisation are central to the programme of study, so you’ll be well equipped to forge a rewarding and successful career.
The Construction Project Management course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) can lead to further academic study or is a springboard to a more diverse and fulfilling career path. Our part-time graduates say it’s made an immediate positive impact where they work and if you’re full-time it can open many new doorways of opportunity.
The course opens up the chance to progress to doctoral studies, which some of our graduates have pursued to become academics/researchers. The course also paves the way for you to enrol as a student member of the Association for Project management (APM) during your studies, leading to the professional status of Chartered Project Professional with APM
This course has been accredited by the APM – the only chartered professional body in the world for project management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Project Planning, Control and Analysis
- Risk and Value Management
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Health and Safety Management
- Project Team and Leadership Development
- Strategic Project Management
- Masters Dissertation
- Professional Placement (Engineering)
- Work Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Construction Management View 74 other Masters in Construction Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold at least 2:2 degree in related subject such as construction or an engineering discipline that demonstrates an awareness of construction processes and procedures
- Non-standard applications from all candidates will be considered on their merits in the light of the nature and scope of the programme and if they have experience
- Applicants with non-standard degrees must complete bridging course module which meets Chartered Institution Of Building requirements
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.