The Education programme from University of Gibraltar course has been designed and delivered in partnership with the Department of Education in Gibraltar and seeks to provide students with the opportunity to become effective teachers in the education profession.
Successful completion of the programme provides students the opportunity to:
- become specialised in effective pedagogy and practice in the field of education;
- become research-informed teachers who are able to critically engage with theory, research and literature in order to identify and evaluate concepts and ideas relevant to professional practice;
- become reflective teachers who understand practice in terms of research and policy and can develop capacity to improve their teaching and the learning experiences of children;
- develop the language and communication skills necessary to provide inclusive teaching and learning environments;
- demonstrate the competencies, knowledge and understanding relevant to the Teachers’ Standards, supporting progression towards professional registration in the teaching profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Resourceful Teacher
- The Reflective and Reflexive Practitioner
- The Reciprocity of Professionalism
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 385 other Masters in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Possess minimum of a 2.1 honours degree awarded by a UK university or overseas equivalent. Applicants holding a 2.2 degree may be considered if they also hold significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience in the desired field.
- Be able to communicate ideas effectively in writing, in discussions and presentations. Basic IT skills, such as word-processing, email and Internet are expected.
- An honours degree relevant to their subject specialism (at least 50% of the degree content needs to be relevant to the subject specialism) with a minimum of a 2.1 pass for applicants wishing to teach at secondary level.
- GCSE grade 4 and above (or C and above for examinations taken prior to 2017) in Mathematics, English and one Science subject (preferably double science).
- Prior classroom experience is not a requirement of application nor will it be a condition of an offer for applicants that are successful at interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12500 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.