We’ve designed this programme to meet the minimum training requirements of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) for training Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapists.
You’ll gain an understanding of key concepts and theories in CBP, evaluate different approaches to solving problems, and integrate theory and practice as you plan your future academic, professional and personal development. This course is ideal for those working in the medical profession, social work, psychologists, counsellors, mental health nurses, psychotherapists and others with experience and an interest in mental health.
After completing this Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy programme from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) you’ll be equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to advance your career as a professional Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist.
As a cognitive behavioural therapist, you may be able to develop your career in the NHS and once you have secured your accreditation work as either a band 6 or band 7 therapist.
As an accredited therapist you will also be able to develop your own private practice or secure employment within the voluntary or third sector.
This course has been designed to meet the full training standards of the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies. BABCP is the professional association for members of the counselling professions in the UK.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy (CBP)
- Postgraduate Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 195 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should hold at least a 2:2 degree in health and social care or related area including experience in a relevant field
- Applicants with a core profession in Mental Health Nursing or Occupational Therapy or Social Work or Psychiatry or Clinical or Counselling Psychology will require at least two years of experience in working with vulnerable adults and or those with mental health problems
- Applications without a recognised core profession can be considered through the development of a Knowledge, Skills and Attitude portfolio of evidence plus at least two years of post-qualification experience in mental health consistent with admission guidelines provided by the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
- IELTS: Score of at least 6.5 or equivalent
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
National867 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 867 GBP per module during 36 months.
Part time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.