The Cancer Biology course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) is three months of taught lectures, tutorials and lab work followed by a six-month, full-time, independent laboratory based research project under the supervision of active cancer researchers.
Research themes include: analysis of phytochemicals for cancer treatment; development and characterization of novel drug delivery systems; potential of aspirin analogues in the treatment of glioma; use of aptamers as diagnostic and therapeutic agents for brain tumours; and synthesis of bioactive molecules with anticancer properties.
Why study with us
- On this course you’ll extend your knowledge and understanding of the biology of cancer, advances in prognosis, diagnosis and treatment, and give you an appreciation of pertinent legislative and ethical issues.
- The School is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment based in our Biomedical Research Facility and the Biological Sciences Laboratories (Teaching), that will enhance your research experience.
- You will be taught by internationally-recognised research-active scientists, who are experts in a range of cancer disciplines.
This postgraduate course will prepare you for further study to PhD level or a career in the biotechnology industries.
Ideal for graduates who would like to embark on a career in molecular and cellular bioscience within companies and research organisations serving the needs of biomedical science and related disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cancer and its Management
- Research Methods
- Research Proposal
- MRes Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Biotechnology View 484 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Students must hold one of the following
- A minimum of a lower second class honours degree from a UK university or its equivalent in a biological discipline, for example Biochemistry, Physiology, Biomedical Science or a qualification or experience deemed to be equivalent to the above.
- Students where English is not the first language need to demonstrate their ability in the English language through obtaining: IELTS at 6.5 or above or equivalent
- Those applicants seeking entry with appropriate experiences will be required to demonstrate the suitability of this experience both on application and at interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7100 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time UK/EU: £785 per 20 credits
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.