The MSc in Data Science and Analytics (Online) from the University of Hertfordshire focuses on the exciting fields of machine learning, designing and developing data mining applications, and studying, understanding, and applying data analytics in big data and cloud computing fields.
The mode of delivery and assessments is problem solving based, combining real-life scenarios with a reflective learning experience, aimed at developing the highest level of problem solving and data analytic skills.
The MSc in Data Science and Analytics utilises our strong international reputation for research in these areas. The expertise of our staff influences this course which explores current research and practice in data science and analytics, extending your knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of obtaining data from various sources, the essential methods for pre-processing and cleaning data, data analytics and modelling especially in big data analytics.
Why choose this course?
- One of a range of advanced courses within our postgraduate Master's programme in Computer Science, this particular course provides you with a specialism in Data Science and Analytics.
- Advanced topics studied include mathematics and programming of data science, data mining, machine learning, and big data analytics.
- You will gain an internationally recognised master's degree from the UK's University of Hertfordshire.
- Flexible online learning allows you to fit study around your other commitments, without travel and accommodation costs.
- You will be taught by a highly regarded and long-established computer science department.
- Benefit from the same academic standards and quality control procedures as our equivalent on campus course.
Our online masters programme is designed to give you the up-to-date skills and knowledge sought after by employers, whether in business, industry, government or research.
The MSc Data Science and Analytics course will equip students with the knowledge and practical skills in data science and analytics from the foundations of data science, data mining, machine learning, to big data analytics.
Successful graduates may pursue a career as a data scientist or data engineer, data analytics consultant, digital marketing manager across a wide range of sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Big Data Analytics
- Data Mining
- Foundations of Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Responsible Technology
- Data Science and Analytics Maters Project
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
- 18 January (Distance (Full Time))
- 20 January (Distance (Part Time))
DisciplinesStatistics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 7 other Masters in Statistics in United Kingdom
- A recent good Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or cognate discipline;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate sufficient competence in English to benefit from the Programme. This is normally demonstrated by recognised awards equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.0 Candidates who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Access to computer equipment.
International9080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9080 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9080 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- £755 per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.