Architectural regeneration involves reusing, adapting and evolving existing buildings within an urban or rural context. It recognises the impacts these decisions and interventions have on the regeneration of a place. And it is underpinned by the principles of environmental, social and cultural sustainability.
The International Architectural Regeneration and Development programme at the Oxford Brookes University has an international focus and we introduce you to a network of international organisations in the field. We encourage you to use more innovative approaches and dynamic ways of thinking. And we use an interdisciplinary approach so you will gain skills and take part in:
- critical thinking and analysis
- creative design
- field research and design
- implementing projects
- working in different cultural contexts
Jobs in architectural regeneration can include a wide range of prospects including private sector consultancy assignments, public sector decision making positions or working for not for profit organisations delivering or assisting the regeneration process.
Graduates of this programme have gone on to work in a wide range of positions in the regeneration field internationally. Much of the success of a career in regeneration is combining the knowledge and skills learnt in the programme with professional skills gained in previous study and practice.
Although we are unable to directly ‘find’ jobs for programme graduates, we regularly make recommendations through a good network of contacts and alumni and share employment opportunities with current students and graduates of the programme.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Architecture, Culture and Tradition
- Applications in Regeneration
- Globalisation, Environment and Development
- Regeneration and Development Project
- Development and Urbanisation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction View 298 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oxford Brookes University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- hold a good honours degree (minimum 2.2), or international equivalent, in a related discipline
- hold a recognised postgraduate diploma or professional qualification in a relevant subject
- can provide a portfolio or equivalent samples of work (for non-design applicants)
- are mature candidates, who can demonstrate considerable practical experience in a related field
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.