The Development and Emergency Practice programme at the Oxford Brookes University has an international reputation for excellence. The fields of development and emergencies are changing. Witha focus on practice, you will learn about:
- international development
- disaster management
- human rights
The course is an ideal platform for you to develop your career in, or move into, international development and emergency organisations. Many graduates are able to secure senior positions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Rights & Governance
- Disasters, Risk, Vulnerability and Climate Change
- Conflict, Violence and Humanitarianism
- Shelter after Disaster
- Working with Conflict
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Sustainable Development Emergency & Disaster Management View 37 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United Kingdom
- hold a good honours degree in a related discipline such as anthropology, sociology, economics, geography, psychology and other social sciences, architecture, Law, public health, public administration. Other fields are also welcomed, for example, medicine, IT, communications, information systems etc.
- hold a relevant recognised diploma or professional qualification (eg in architecture, planning, environmental psychology, public health, public administration)
- are in their final year of studying a degree in any relevant discipline
- have substantial and proven field experience.
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.