After considering the fundamental aspects and recent developments in the field, you will delve into topics such as:
- fundamentals of network security and information security governance principles
- an inter-disciplinary perspective involving psychology that considers the human factor in cyber security challenges
- traditional and contemporary Software Development Life Cycle models and how they are affected by risk management considerations
Delivered completely online, it is easy to develop skills in this sought-after area while continuing in your current role. Towards the end of your studies you will have the opportunity to advance onto a full Masters.
Why we’re great
- This cross-disciplinary course considers not just the technical skills, but also commercial and legal factors within cyber security.
- There’s no need to download lots of different software packages – all programming languages are included within the tuition fee and all work is carried out in our online development environment.
- Receive your degree from the University of Essex, a top 30 UK university (Complete University Guide 2022)
There is currently a global shortage of computer science professionals and an increasing need for robust cyber security measures, particularly in smaller companies who are most vulnerable to attack. This course will give you a breadth of knowledge and skills enable you move into this highly sought-after field.
Graduates from this Cyber Security course from University of Essex Online will be able to succeed in a range of roles such as Software Developer, Risk Analyst, Threat Management, Secure Systems Designer/Programmer, Information Systems Administrator or Forensic Analyst.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Launching into Cyber Security
- Network Security
- Security and Risk Management
- Secure Software Development
- The Human Factor
- Secure Systems Architecture
- Principles of Forensics and Cyber Law
- Research Methods and Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 24 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Academic entry route (if not eligible see work experience entry route)
You must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Essex Online and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Dip Cyber Security, as a minimum you must have an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification.
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Dip Cyber Security, you must have at least three years’ relevant work experience.
Work experience entry route (if not eligible see academic entry route)
You must meet the following criteria:
- at least three years’ relevant work experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5918 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7891 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
National5918 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7891 GBP for the full programme during 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.