This Transdisciplinary Childhood Obesity Prevention Certificate at South Dakota State University is unique, as it provides expertise in a job market that is desperate for trained professionals in the prevention of childhood obesity. The program will expose students to a variety of disciplines involved in the prevention of childhood obesity, allow students the opportunity to design childhood obesity prevention initiatives, and prepare students to conduct transdisciplinary research on the behavioral, social, biological, and environmental causes of childhood obesity.
Students will develop skills required to implement evidence based transdisciplinary approaches to prevention. Faculty from Nutrition, Exercise Science, Early Childhood Education, and Nursing work collaboratively with SDSU Extension to implement the TOP graduate certificate program. Students will obtain a TOP program certificate upon completion of the requirements for both the certificate and the master’s or Doctoral degree from their respective college.
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Lead a healthy lifestyle
- Work well with other people
- Have strong communication skills
- Have a passion for leadership
- Have a passion for community engagement
- Public Health
- Community Leader
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Issues in Obesity
- Nutrition and Physical Activity Assessment and Evaluation
- Practicum (COM)
- Counseling the Family
- Developmental Theory and Application
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Early Childhood Education View 114 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 to receive unconditional admission.
- A professional academic transcript evaluation for degrees earned outside the United States (This requirement cannot be waived unless your highest degree was earned or will be earned in the U.S. prior to enrollment at SDSU).
- If you are completing your bachelor's degree at the time of application, you may submit an incomplete evaluation. If you are accepted, a complete transcript and/or evaluation with completed degree will be required by the end of your first semester of coursework.
- Official U.S. transcripts where a degree is earned (or will be earned), and official U.S. transcripts where graduate level coursework has been taken.
International647 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 647 USD per credit during .
National336 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 336 USD per credit during .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.