Communities thrive when local decision-makers and activists can creatively implement solutions for the social, economic, cultural and environmental challenges the community faces.
You will have access to cutting edge approaches and research in the field, an opportunity to build their own network to support both their career goals and their community development efforts, and the credential to assist with promotion and new career paths.
Online delivery and modular scheduling allows you to fit classes into your own schedule around your professional career and personal responsibilities. Yet, you will still capture the richness of interacting and networking with faculty and other students in this electronic learning community.
This Community Development Certificate at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in Sociology, Economics, Human services, or related field
- Are working in a related field and want to develop connections to other organizations and people committed to successful community change
- Are interested in the field and want to get a strong foundation to assist you in your career aspirations
- Are interested in working with communities and organizations to address today’s challenges
- Have strong writing and communication skills
- Cooperative extension
- Youth development
- Community planning
- Natural resources management
- Community health and wellness programs
- Parks and recreation
- Food systems and community gardening projects
- Poverty and homelessness programs
- Military family services
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organizing for Community Change
- Principles and Strategies of Community Change
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development View 29 other Masters in International Development in United States
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 to receive unconditional admission.
- A professional academic transcript evaluation for degrees earned outside the United States (This requirement cannot be waived unless your highest degree was earned or will be earned in the U.S. prior to enrollment at SDSU).
- If you are completing your bachelor's degree at the time of application, you may submit an incomplete evaluation. If you are accepted, a complete transcript and/or evaluation with completed degree will be required by the end of your first semester of coursework.
- Official U.S. transcripts where a degree is earned (or will be earned), and official U.S. transcripts where graduate level coursework has been taken.
International647 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 647 USD per credit during .
National336 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 336 USD per credit during .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.