Learn the theories, tools, and techniques used to protect and defend information and information systems.
In this Cybersecurity MasterTrack offered by Coursera in partnership with Arizona State University, you will complete a real module from the online Master of Computer Science program that will help you understand the field of Cybersecurity through the lens of computer systems and algorithms.
You will learn to protect and defend information and information systems by ensuring their availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation through protection, detection, and reaction practices.
What you will learn
- Problems of information assurance (IA) and security and possible solutions to these problems.
- Design usage of cryptographic protocols for online and offline computing applications.
- Theories, tools, and techniques to identify, exploit, and mitigate software security vulnerabilities in the network, binary, and web levels.
- Necessary tools, techniques, and concepts of network security for modern computer networks.
- Fundamental concepts and principles of distributed systems and the practical skills for developing distributed systems.
- Countermeasures to attacks to computer systems from miscreants (or hackers) and basic topics of cryptography and network security.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What is a MasterTrack Certificate?With MasterTrack™ Certificates, portions of Master’s programs have been split into online modules, so you can earn a high quality university-issued career credential at a breakthrough price in a flexible, interactive format. Benefit from a deeply engaging learning experience with real-world projects and live, expert instruction. If you are accepted to the full Master's program, your MasterTrack coursework counts towards your degree.
- Information Assurance and Security
- Applied Cryptography
- Software Security
- Advanced Computer Network Security
- Distributed & Multiprocessor OS
- Advanced Computer System Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 20 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 203 other programmes in IT Security in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You should have an understanding of the following topics: Information systems, computer networks, algorithms, data structures, computer organization, operation systems, and programming using C or C++ using Linux (Python or Java is useful).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
National4500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 USD for the full programme during 6 months.
Students pay by course. You will also be asked to pay an application fee when registering through the ASU website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.