To prepare to become leaders in the field, MPH students build expertise in core public health concepts and customize their learning with skill development in areas like precision nutrition, health communication, data analysis, environmental epidemiology, and more.
The Public Health program offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Michigan offers true flexibility, in contrast with other top online MPH programs that require full or partial residential study. Online students are welcome to visit and study on campus, but this is never required by the program.
The comprehensive MPH curriculum equips students to tackle complex health challenges such as chronic and infectious diseases, obesity and food insecurity, health care quality and costs, climate change and environmental health determinants, and the health impact of socioeconomic inequalities. Each student gains real-world experience through applied practice experiences with professionals in the public health sector.
Students develop skills in data collection and analysis, intervention strategy, and communication methods, preparing them to succeed in a wide variety of roles and organizations. Graduates of Michigan Public Health are found in key positions as leaders at non-profit organizations, hospitals, insurance companies, universities, pharmaceutical and biotech companies, and local and national government organizations.
- 98 percent of graduates are employed, continuing their education, or not seeking employment
- Nearly half of graduates work in a hospital or health care provider setting, or academia
- Graduates are employed at companies and organizations such as Google, 23andMe, the CDC, the FDA, General Motors, Cleveland Clinic, and Accenture, among many others
- Principles of Epidemiology for Public Health
- Social Determinants of Health
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Public Health Systems, Policy and Management
- Communication Fundamentals
- Public Health Sciences and the Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 658 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- 4-year bachelor's degree conferred from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or equivalent (WES ICAP verification for international)
- Statement of purpose/objectives (1,500 words)
- Reflective essay (500 words)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from professional and/or academic contacts
- Test scores: GRE or MCAT
International43500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43500 USD per year during 24 months.
National43500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43500 USD per year during 24 months.
$43,500 - 47,500 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.