At the University of Pécs, Faculty of Humanities you may study Andragogy / Adult Education as a Single Honours degree.
The graduates develop their knowledge and skills through theory and practice in adult learning and education to achieve successful careers in adult and vocational education, work-place learning, second chance education with basic skills development, coaching and counselling, community education and community development, educational policy and research, international development and special education needs.
You will be equipped with both the academic knowledge and the relevant practical skills to build a career working with adults learners in different social settings.
The aim of the programme is to train adult learning and education professionals, who understand that education is a process of human, cultural and social development that takes place in the family/at home, in communities, in schools and the workplace. Through this programme, participants will collect valuable knowledge and quality skills to work effectively with adults either on formal or in non-formal structures or, additionally, to work in policy or providing services for adult learners at institutions or organisations of adult education at local/regional, national or international levels.
You will learn about key issues of adult and lifelong learning contemporary societies are facing, such as participation/access, provision, equity, performance, equality, delivery/methodologies, inclusion as well as about education and learning in terms of its sociological, psychological, historical and philosophical aspects.You will be assisted in building key competences, such as critical thinking, problem solving, conflict management, cooperation, assertive communication, as well as developing an attitude of openness and respect towards people from other cultural backgrounds, an attitude of global mindedness, valuing human dignity and cultural diversity.
More informationVisit official programme website
- International Environment - History and Politics of Adult Learning and Education (ALE)
- Theories of Adult Learning: Andragogy and Gerontagogy
- Lifelong Guidance
- Learning Cities-Regions and Learning Communities
- The Psychology of Adult Learning
- The Role of Law in Adult Education
- Adult Education and the Labour Market
- Curriculum Development and Quality in Adult Education
- Active Citizenship
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Deadline Round 1: July 20
- Deadline Round 1: August 10
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 9 other Masters in Education in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Certified and translated (if originals are not in English) copy of school transcripts showing satisfactory completion of senior high school.
- Europass CV in English
- Motivation letter (introduction plus field of interest, etc.) in 3000 to 3500 characters.
- Copy of valid passport or national ID
- Medical certificate, (please fill the document and attach the serologic test results)
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Application fee: EUR 140
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.