This programme enables exploration of the theoretical basis of manipulative/musculoskeletal physiotherapy and its application to the development of your clinical reasoning towards advanced clinical practice.
This programme enables exploration of the theoretical basis of manipulative/musculoskeletal physiotherapy and its application to the development of your clinical reasoning for advanced clinical practice. Using the process of clinical reasoning as its framework, this programme integrates many approaches to clincal practice in this specialist area. It facilitates an evaluation of existing evidence and your clinical experiences through the exploration of the assessment and management of clinial presentations of musculoskeletal complaints.
The Advanced Manipulative Physiotherapy programme from University of Birmingham offers part-time, full-time modes of study, with some modules available and supported through distance learning providing you with the opportunity to tailor your learning experience to meet your personal and professional needs.
Careers Support for Postgraduate Students
We recognise that as a postgraduate student you are likely to have specific requirements when it comes to planning for your next career step. Employers expect postgraduates to have a range of skills that exceed their subject knowledge. Careers Network offers a range of events and support services that are designed for all students, including postgraduates looking to find their niche in the job market.
Here are just a few ways in which we can help postgraduates to get ahead:
- Careers Networking opportunities
- Effective careers strategy toolkit
- Year planner for all postgraduate students
- Masters Career Coaching Workshops
- One to one careers guidance
The Careers Network also have subject specific careers consultants and advisers for each College so you can be assured the information you receive will be relevant to your subject area. They also have a dedicated careers website for international students where you can find useful resources and information.
- Research Methods
- Innovation in Professional Development
- Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy: Lower Quadrant
- Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy: Upper Quadrant
- Continuing Professional Development and Mentored Practice
- Research Dissertation – MSc only
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although we do not set application deadlines, we do encourage all applicants to submit a completed application as soon as they can.
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 1768 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission to the programme is on the basis that you will have:
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (includes professional indemnity)
- A BSc/BA Honours degree or equivalent. (Evidence of equivalence of your qualification(s) to the UK educational system of awards can be found at www.naric.org.uk). The degree should normally be a first or upper second class Honours degree.
- You must provide detail in your application your experiences of using manipulative/musculoskeletal physiotherapy skills within a practice base setting to evidence fulfilment of 1500 hours (hours accrued as part of your pre-registration/qualifying education or internship do not count).
- Supporting evidence of appropriate continuing professional development during this experience will also be required.
International22088 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23929 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
National12179 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13194 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.