Study the progression of Christianity – from the early church, through the Middle Ages and the Reformation, and into the Modern Era. Learn about the current trends in biblical theology while studying its historical background.
With the Church History focus, you’ll gain a global perspective of the church while looking into the cultural contexts, key personalities, and movements that contributed to the spread of Christianity.
Thesis or Non-Thesis?
The decision between a thesis track and a non-thesis track generally revolves around your interest in future Ph.D. work. Many credible Ph.D. programs will not accept a student who has not already completed a thesis. Students not interested in a future Ph.D. have the option of choosing the non-thesis track. The non-thesis option provides a Capstone research project that allows you to do an advanced research project in your chosen field of study.
Career Opportunities for Master of Theology - Church History (Non-Thesis) at Liberty University
- Ph.D. Program
ATS Commission on Accrediting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Historical Development of Christian Theology
- History of Global Christianity
- American Christianity
History of Evangelism
- Modern and Contemporary Christian Thought
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 666 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Liberty University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission application
- Official Master of Divinity transcripts with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Self-certification form for students in the final term of their Master of Divinity degree
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity questionnaire
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a postgraduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 410 USD per credit during 18 months.
National8200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 410 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Lynchburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.