You can help bring healing to hurting couples, children, and parents by earning your Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling . Through this degree, you will learn research-based methods for premarital, adolescent, marriage, family, and substance abuse counseling, preparing you to serve a variety of clients.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Counseling?
At Liberty University , we Train Champions for Christ. This means that we are dedicated to providing you with the foundational training you need for success in your future career. Our M.A. in Marriage and Family Counseling program integrates cutting-edge research with a biblical worldview, preparing you for ministry to your clients’ physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
In addition to training you in patient care methods, our marriage and family counseling master’s degree is designed to help you become a licensed marriage and family therapist, providing you with the credential you need to make a difference in private practice, social services, the legal system, and beyond.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to Professional Identity and Function
- Theories of Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Premarital and Marital Counseling
- Counseling Children, Adolescents, and their Families
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Liberty’s admission deadline is flexible, and we accept applications on a rolling admission basis.
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Counselling Psychology View 1323 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Admission application
- A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.7 GPA for admission
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed Transcript Request Form – official final college transcript showing a completed bachelor’s degree is required before first-semester enrollment
- Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account
- Contact information for 2 recommenders from professional sources (i.e. not family/friends)
- Agreement to Mission Statement and Diversity Statement
- Undergraduate prerequisites: 3 credit hours in statistics (can be taken after admission but must be taken in first two semesters in the program)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during 36 months.
National10900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 545 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Lynchburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.