Take our Cyber Security (Online) at University of Derby and become part of the next generation of leading IT security professionals, fully equipped to respond rapidly to risks and problems. The subject is a regular hot topic in the news today on a global scale and online protection has never been more relevant.
As an online student, you will be able to draw on the extensive industrial links of our academic staff and share knowledge of best practice with fellow students while navigating your course materials in our virtual learning environment.
Individuals with proven information security knowledge are now in high demand across many different sectors. Successful completion of this masters degree can therefore lead to prestigious roles in the IT security arena, including chief information officer, security analyst, security manager and information security risk assessors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studying at Masters Level and Research Methods
- Advanced Security Protocols
- Enterprise Security Management
- Human and Legal Aspects of Cyber Security
- Securing Network
- Security Attacks and Countermeasures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Cyber Security View 63 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You will require 2.2 or higher honours degree in Computing or a degree with substantial relevant content for the specialist discipline.
- If you don’t have a degree or an accredited degree, we can consider your application if supported by significant industrial experience. Please include evidence of all experience you have in your application. While the University guidelines on recognition of prior learning (RPL) will be followed, RPL will only be recommended where applicants can present a portfolio of professional work that is deemed to be of an appropriate level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8775 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8775 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA8775 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8775 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.