Take our MSc Cyber Security (Online) at University of Derby and become part of the next generation of leading IT security professionals, fully equipped to respond rapidly to risks and problems. The subject is a regular hot topic in the news today on a global scale and online protection has never been more relevant.
As an online student, you will be able to draw on the extensive industrial links of our academic staff and share knowledge of best practice with fellow students while navigating your course materials in our virtual learning environment.
Individuals with proven information security knowledge are now in high demand across many different sectors. Successful completion of this masters degree can therefore lead to prestigious roles in the IT security arena, including chief information officer, security analyst, security manager and information security risk assessors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studying at Masters Level and Research Methods
- Advanced Security Protocols
- Enterprise Security Management
- Human and Legal Aspects of Cyber Security
- Securing Network
- Security Attacks and Countermeasures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Term starts: 31.01/ Application deadline: 16.01
- Term starts: 30.05/ Application deadline: 15.05
- Term starts: 27.09/ Application deadline: 12.09
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Cyber Security View 28 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You will require 2.2 or higher honours degree in Computing or a degree with substantial relevant content for the specialist discipline.
- If you don’t have a degree or an accredited degree, we can consider your application if supported by significant industrial experience. Please include evidence of all experience you have in your application. While the University guidelines on recognition of prior learning (RPL) will be followed, RPL will only be recommended where applicants can present a portfolio of professional work that is deemed to be of an appropriate level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2925 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8775 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
National2925 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8775 GBP for the full programme during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.