On this Master of Engineering in Electrical Systems Engineering at the Engineering Institute of Technology , you will learn how to design the components of a power system including generation, transmission, distribution and associated systems. You will also cover the automation, protection and control components that contribute to the high level of reliability expected from current power systems.
Upon completion of this program you will gain:
- Skills and knowledge in the latest developing technologies in electrical systems
- Practical guidance from electrical experts from around the world
- A valuable and accredited Master of Engineering (Electrical Systems)** degree
- Global networking contacts in academia and industry
- Improved career options
Potential Job Outcomes
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Electrical and electronics system design
- Instrumentation, control systems & automation
- Oil & gas
- Systems engineering
- Communication systems
- Embedded systems
- Electric vehicles
- Power generation & distribution
- Renewable and energy storage systems.
Like all Australian higher education providers and universities, EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). This master’s degree is accredited by Engineers Australia under the Washington Accord.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Power Generation
- Underground Power System Design
- Overhead Line and System Design
- Insulation Coordination and Substation Design
- Substation Automation
- Project Management
- Environmental Issues and Sustainability
- Electrical Safety - Earthing / Grounding
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Electrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 39 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code: 03567C | CRICOS Course Code: 0100462
To gain entry into this program, applicants need one of the following:
- a recognized 3-year bachelor degree in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice.
- an EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree in a congruent field of practice.
- a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent), that is recognized under the Washington Accord or Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent field of practice to this program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Please contact EIT for detailed fee information
- EIT International Science and Engineering Merit (ISEM) Scholarship
- EIT Melbourne Campus Scholarship
- EIT Women in Engineering Scholarship
- The EIT Dean’s Scholarship
- Relocation Grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.