There is a global shortage of automation, instrumentation, and control engineers due to the rapid growth of new industries and technologies.
The Industrial Automation Engineering course at the Engineering Institute of Technology offers twelve core modules and a project thesis to provide the knowledge and skills required for this industry. Students with a background in electrical, electronics, mechanical, instrumentation & control, or industrial computer systems engineering would benefit from this program as it prepares them for automation in the process and manufacturing industries.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Process control, commissioning and production management
- Plant, factory and building automation
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Distributed Control Systems (DCSs) and SCADA
- Industrial design and consultation
- Supply chain management, quality assurance, and sales
- Operations, maintenance, field services, and technical support
- Controls, instrumentation, and robotics
- Industrial project management and business development
EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). This master’s degree is accredited by Engineers Australia under the Washington Accord. It is internationally recognized under the International Engineering Alliance (IEA) accords and the various signatories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Power Engineering
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Industrial Process Control Systems
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Process Engineering (Plant Layout)
- Professional Engineering Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You must submit your application at least four weeks before the start date to be considered for your desired intake.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Automotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 284 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Course Code: 094185G
To gain entry into this program, applicants need one of the following:
- a) a recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice.
- b) an EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree in a congruent** field of practice.
- c) a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent), that is recognized under the Washington Accord or Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee.
- d) a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) * that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National12650 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12650 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.