There is a global shortage of automation, instrumentation, and control engineers due mainly to restructuring and rapid growth of new industries and technologies.
The Industrial Automation Engineering course at the Engineering Institute of Technology perfectly addresses this gap in the industrial automation industry. The program’s twelve core units and project thesis provide you with the practical knowledge and skills required. Students with a background in electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control, or industrial computer systems engineering can benefit from this program.
The content has been carefully designed to provide you with relevant concepts and the tools required in today’s fast-moving work environment. For example, the unit on power engineering covers major equipment and technologies used in power systems, including power generation, transmission, and distribution networks.
Our Programmable Logic Controllers unit covers in-depth principles of operation of PLCs, networking, distributed controllers, and program control strategies. The unit on industrial process control systems combines the process identification and feedback control design with a broad understanding of the hardware, system architectures, and software techniques widely used to evaluate and implement complex control solutions.
Our industrial instrumentation unit identifies key features of widely used measurement techniques and transducers combined with microprocessor devices to create robust and reliable industrial instruments. Undertaking process engineering will enable you to evaluate and apply complex process calculations through the application of control principles.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Process control, commissioning and production management
- Plant, factory and building automation
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Distributed Control Systems (DCSs) and SCADA
- Industrial design and consultation
- Supply chain management, quality assurance, and sales
- Operations, maintenance, field services, and technical support
- Controls, instrumentation, and robotics
- Industrial project management and business development
EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). This master’s degree is accredited by Engineers Australia under the Washington Accord. It is internationally recognized under the International Engineering Alliance (IEA) accords and the various signatories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Power Engineering
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Industrial Process Control Systems
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Process Engineering (Plant Layout)
- Professional Engineering Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You must submit your application at least four weeks before the start date to be considered for your desired intake.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Automotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 4 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Course Code: 094185G
To gain entry into this program, applicants need one of the following:
- A recognized 3-year bachelor degree* in an engineering qualification in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- An EIT Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree* in a congruent** field of practice; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent) that is recognized under the Washington Accord or by Engineers Australia, in a congruent**, or a different field of practice at the discretion of the Admissions Committee; OR
- A 4-year Bachelor of Engineering qualification (or equivalent)* that is not recognized under the Washington Accord, in a congruent** field of practice to this program
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National12650 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12650 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.